Wondering how you can reduce the amount of time your children spend interacting with digital devices? A New York Times article offers some suggestions. These include:
- A link to “Outsmarting the Smart Screens: A Parent’s Guide to the Tools That Are Here to Help”
- A link to Harvard's "Food & Fun" online curriculum, which includes physical activities kids can do instead of using their electronic devices.
- Don't allow children to "have their own cellphones or televisions in their bedrooms."
- Parents need to learn to interact socially without electronic devices. (In other words, set the example.)
- Create and enforce rules regarding the use of electronic media.
To learn more, read the original article here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/13/how-to-cut-childrens-screen-time-say-no-to-yourself-first